Friday, November 15, 2013

Turkey Month Transition

So, last Friday, November the 1st, I was serious when I asked Ty if it was acceptable for me to decorate for Christmas that weekend...

{This might be a close comparison to how some Turkey Day lovers
feel about hauling out the holly a little too soon}...


Looking at the next few weekends in November, I only have one or two options as to when I can 100%, totally, whole-heartedly commit to a few hours of Christmas season kick-off. Last year, the Saturday that I decorated for the holidays was seriously the most cozy and wonderful day of the whole year {other than Christmas day itself, of course}. After only six months of marriage and home ownership, I had already collected a decent amount of stuff to decorate with for our first Christmas in our house; unpacking each item was like a little mini-Christmas all on its own!

I began a tradition. I first put on my holiday jams {favorite Christmas playlist post coming soon!} and/or find whatever Harry Potter film is currently on ABC family, make some cider, and Christmas-i-fy-the-you-know-what {heck... what were you thinking?!} out of our house. I can't wait to do it again this year!!

So, since Ty and I agreed the day after Halloween was a bit too early, I found a couple of Thanksgiving/ish things to satisfy my inner Martha Stewart.

^^ Current goal/project for Ty? Get our fireplace working. Pronto!

^^ Found this cute printable online. I also started liking pumpkin-flavored things this year, so it works. ;)

^^ Got this adorbs feather wreath and my Thomas T. Turkey for around $5.00 last year after Christmas at Tuesday Morning. Score.

I can't wait until my next decoration post!! Why? Because it will be featuring all of the new items I got on sale last year after Christmas. Christmas being, of course, "The most wonderful time of the year....." YippEEEEE!!!*

*NOTE: No excitement has been feigned in this post. Holiday excitement is 100% genuine. Just ask my better half.




No comments:

Post a Comment