Friday, January 3, 2014

High Five Friday

For this week's top 5, I'm going to do the
Top Five Resolutions I'm Most Likely to Keep for 2014.

1. Reading the New Testament + Psalms/Proverbs in a Year
This may not sound that challenging, but let me remind you that I have attempted to read the whole Bible through in a year before and have failed miserably every time. I want to set realistic goals that I can actually keep!

2. Make the Bed Every Day 
{"Day" could be changed to "Morning" if I was really dedicated! Baby steps, people.}
So far I'm 50% on this if you only count making it as SOON as I get up. Wednesday when I did make it, I loved walking by and seeing my nice, clean room! That never happens on weekday mornings. Yesterday, I had to be at my aunt's house at 6:45 a.m. so I wasn't going to waste 3 extra minutes of sleep time to make the bed. So I'm going to say making it after I get back home still counts!

3. Cook Dinner at Least Twice a Week
Ty will appreciate this. And yes, crock pot meals absolutely count.

4. Blog at Least Twice a Week
Maybe my blogging efforts can coincide with my meals… It appears as though I will be pretty busy 2/7 nights a week.

5. Think Before I Speak More
This is the most cliche of them all, I would say. But I really want to try and first analyze what is about to come out of my mouth, decide if it's worthy to be spoken, and then, if so, speak it. I catch myself saying rude/short/unnecessary things, especially when I'm at home and out of "teacher" mode where I have to think before I speak. Just being real here, for un momento.

I hope that I'm able to keep all 5 this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment