Friday, January 17, 2014

High Five Friday


1. I've fallen into the Downton Abbey trap and I can't get out. Here's a glimpse into how utterly pathetic my life has been during the last six days. I have finished three. yes three. seasons of this show, only beginning last Friday. Make fun all you want. You start the first season and then we'll talk.
 ^ If you'd like to join in on the obsession, sign up for amazon prime's free monthly trial and cancel after you finish all three seasons in a week, like I did. {Lame, I tell you.}

2. Going back to school after what was basically a three week Christmas break has been a rough transition. Mornings are rough. Eating on a lunch schedule is rough. I'm not hungry yet by lunch time since it's so early, but I'm starving by the time school is out. One thing that has made it better is this awesome folder cabinet, built by my personal carpenter. What a handy dandy fellow. :)

3. I went to my first basketball game at Buffalo for the season. My choir kids sang the national anthem and did a great job. I stayed for the game, which ended up being a great one to watch! The girls played great and won. I guess that means I'm not bad luck?

Funny story about this is… I was asked at one point last semester to be the assistant coach for the girls basketball team. *Cue uncontrollable laughter from anyone who has seen me touch a ball of any sort. Farthest I made it into the world of sports was one year of freshman volleyball when our team went totally defeated. Real bad.* Other than my somewhat tall height, I don't have much going for me as a future coaching star… I'll stick to directing choir.

4. I've been obsessed with baked tacos, specifically Spicy Baked Tacos. I love the taste/crunch/spice/everything. I saw them on Mix and Match Mama & have made them several times over the last few weeks. Ty is on board the spicy taco train, also!

^ Find the recipe here.

5. This weekend will hopefully prove to be pretty low-key around the DeCrib. I've had to work the past couple of Saturdays in rehearsals, as I am preparing for a trip to Osage Beach {not a real beach, it's located on the lake of the Ozarks} for the State Music Convention next week so a weekend at home sounds maaaaahvelous. I'm looking forward to the convention and a little getaway next week, even if it is not to a warm, tropical beach...

Hope your weekend is bloody brilliant!
{Blame the recent DA marathon. I've also picked up a slight accent…}



No comments:

Post a Comment