Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Year in Review: 2013

2013 was a great year for the DeClues. There were so many great moments and some hard moments that I know I'll remember as some of the things that happened back in 2013.

January {or February}?
^ I think this was taken when we got our first snow of the year in February. But couldn't we all agree, January, February, and even the beginning of March all kind of runtogether?!

March
Apparently not a lot happened in March either. I enjoyed my first Spring Break as a teacher instead of as a student, and let me say, it is even better as a teacher!!
^ I apparently learned how to make crescent rolls in March. All of us in the DeClue household are happy about this event taking place. Haha

{Ok, so the first three months are totally anticlimactic. But please don't exit out now… I promise, more exciting stuff happens throughout in the year…}

April
^ As a first year teacher, I was scared to death of contest season. If you're unfamiliar with how choir contest works in Missouri {and most other states, I believe}, you prepare 2-3 songs and at contest the choir performs them in front of 3 judges for a rating. "I" is the best and the lowest is "V." As you can see, Buffalo's Mixed Choir and Women's Choir each pulled out a "I" and got some of the highest ratings of the day in the district! I was blown away & so thankful for such great kids who work so, so, so hard!!

May
^ My baby brother graduated high school. This is us with him before prom!

^ THE THUMB INCIDENT. Be thankful this is the only picture I am posting.
No, that is not an ice cream cone, that is the protective dressing that he had to wear for a few weeks. Let's hope nothing like this EVER happens again in our marriage.

June
^ Tarah {Ty's Sister} and James got married on June 1st! She made a gorgeous bride and I was so thankful to get to be a part of their big, exciting day.

^ Celebrated 365 days with this guy. I think he made a comment after seeing this picture that day, "I look so GQ." Good grieeeef. ;)

^ For our anniversary, we took a trip to NW Arkansas. A recap of that trip was actually the first blog post I ever did on DeClue Diaries. Find it here.

^ I started this blog! I've loved documenting our lives over the past six months or so and want to be more consistent as we venture into 2014.

July
^ We tore up our carpet and laid hardwood in the living room!

^ A scary sight.

^ Finished product! And we're stillllll in the market for an area rug. Need it ASAP.

^ My mom and I went on a Cruise to Mexico!!!

^ And I was tan. :(

August
^ I started my second year as the vocal music teacher at Buffalo High!
Gooooo Bison!!

September
^ I got crafty! I made a new wreath for the front door and we re-vamped a super cheap file cabinet!

October
^ I went to see the Holloway Family in KS {my aunt, uncle and three cousins!} on a long weekend we had off of school, and Reese, Drue and I made these Aprons.

 ^ I love getting to spend time with these cuties!!

SIDENOTE: If you don't already follow their mom's blog, she is the very best writer that I know personally. I wish she wrote more often, but it's quality, not quantity that counts, right? ;) She makes the most normal story hilarious and totally entertaining!
Find their blog here.

November
^ I did my first #thirtydaysofthankful challenge on IG {Instagram}. It became a special part of each day to stop and reflect on something that I was thankful for - even if it was just a silly thing I was thankful for that day {like my crockpot!}.

^ The weekend before Thanksgiving, we made a trip down to see the Slaughters in TX! We had such a blast and we totally adore their sweet family!!

^ We had our first In-N-Out burger while in TX!

^ Thanks to Erika, we discovered Nutella Pie… our new favorite dessert and it's EASYYYY. {Erika, I'm blaming you for all of my clothes being a little tighter than usual!}
Find the simple 3-step recipe here on Mix and Match Mama!

December
As it seems to be every year, December was jam packed for us. I did seem to take several pictures throughout the busy month, so hopefully I can look back & try to remember what actually took place in those 31 hectic days.

^ First annual tacky sweater day at school! I've gotten close with several young teachers this year and I am so thankful for their help and support throughout the last year and a half!!

^ I love seeing our house decorated for the holidays! We also got to make a trip to Silver Dollar City with some of my students at the beginning of December. I love seeing it decked out at Christmastime.

^ We celebrated Christmas at Ty's family's in SE MO. It was a great few days of festivities! I love getting to see his family again each year.

^ Post-Christmas reunion with the very best friends a girl could ask for.

^ Our last pic of 2013. I adore this guy!

Here's to hoping 2014 is just as great!


2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute and such a good recap!! I hope I get to be a part of some of your memories in 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...pictures of my little people AND a shout out for my blog?! How awesome is that?! Thanks for the huge compliment!! Have a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete