Friday, July 5, 2013

A Long Awaited Vacay

Since last summer when Ty and I went on our "modified" honeymoon (as well as very fun and special honeymoon) to Kansas City, I have been dreaming of sandy white beaches and warm, topical sunshine. When I brought the idea of a vacation (and "proper" honeymoon) up to Ty earlier this year, I could never really get any enthusiasm or excitement for a trip out of him.

Fast forward a couple of months, and we were really needing to make a decision. Money, work schedule, and lack of desire to leave Polk county were all deterring Ty from agreeing to plan anything. (The more I'm married to Ty, the more I realize that I married a 6'9" version of my father.)

I finally gave up the fight and decided to ask my mom if she wanted to go on a vacation this summer! Lucky for me, she agreed! Having married her own version of a Polk-county-loving/Branson-IS-my-vacation kind-of-guy, she was eager for some beaches and sunshine too!

Fast forward to today, and we are heading to McKinney, TX to stay with Ty's cousins, Tab and Erika, before we head to Galveston tomorrow to embark on our cruise! Bon voyage!

Packing: The worst part of traveling.

I've never been to Dallas, so I am super excited to see The Slaugthers, as well as be one day closer to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment