Friday, July 19, 2013

Foodie Friday: "Mile-High Bars!"


Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a cook in training. {Some of you may even be laughing at the fact that I am posting a recipe on my blog... Just make these and you can thank me later! Ha!} I am still learning, and everything that I attempt to make doesn't always come out perfect; like I said, cook in training. Ty still loves to quote one of his favorite Kenny Chesney lyrics when I make a meal that is less than perfect: "Eatin' burnt suppers the whole first year, and askin' for seconds to keep her from tearin' up..." - The Good Stuff, KC

Despite my shortcomings, there are a few dishes, desserts, and dips that I can make that turn out to be really yummy! When I get an opportunity to, I'll try and share some of my favorites with you. Here is a super easy and scrumptious little dessert that is always a fam favorite. {This weekend we have a youth fellowship at our church and this is a really good dessert to make for a large crowd!}

Ingredients:

     - 1 pkg (12 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
     - 1 pkg (11 oz.) Butterscotch Chips
     - 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
     - approx. 16 oz. Marshmallows (I use Aldi's brand which are 10.5 oz/ea., so I just go ahead and use two bags)
     - 1 cup Dry Roasted Peanuts (salted)


1. Place foil in a 9" x 13" pan:


2. Mix your chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a large bowl (you'll be adding the marshmallows and peanuts to this bowl later).


3. Microwave for about 2 minutes, or until melted enough to stir.


4. Stir until your bowl looks like mine on the right.


5. Add peanuts and marshmallows.



6. Put mixture into 9" x 13" pan and refrigerate for at least an hour, or until the mixture becomes solid.


7. Remove bars (in the foil) from the pan and cut into squares.


TIP: Be careful not to cut the bars too big! Remember: they are a mile high and are very rich. {Plus, this will justify you eating two if they are "smaller."} Ha! ;) Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment