Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hardwood Complete!

Remember this:

Before

And this:



Well now it looks like THIS:
After!!!

Our make-shift "entertainment center" is strugglin'.
That is one of Ty's future project to-dos!
Ty's Throne (a.k.a. The Recliner)
I have to admit, even though I am not a huge fan of hardwood and how "un-cozy" it may be, it does look pretty good and I know that it is a lot better in the long run, especially compared to carpet. However, I am on the lookout for a nice, big, cozy area rug!! (I am thinking something in the brown family, since our walls and furniture is all pretty light-colored.) But for now, I will admire the handy work of my hubs, father-in-law, and mother-in-law!

I also had to post a picture of my new mantel decorations. Until recently, I still had my Easter decorations on the mantel... A little late in the season, huh?! FYI - I actually had my mom convinced that I drew that chalkboard... Nope! ;) Thank you, artists of Hobby Lobby!! I love it. It says, "Because when you stop & look around, this life is pretty amazing." What a true statement.

I'm calling this our "Back to School" Mantel

No comments:

Post a Comment