Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Momma-Daughter Cruise

"Wow!!!" That's one of the words that I can use to describe the cruise and vacation that I recently went on with my mom. "Relaxing, tropical, and fun" would be some other words I would use. Oh yes, and I must add "FOOD." Lots and lots and more lots of f-o-o-d. I will take this opportunity to say, (for those of you who have seen me since our cruise and noticed the 10 lbs slight weight gain I experienced while on vacation), that it was slightly reassuring upon our return home, when my only option was my stretchiest pair of athletic shorts and a t-shirt, to find out that my mom was in the same boat! (No pun intended...) For the first time in her life, she was having trouble finding something to fit comfortably. PTL!! Like I said, slightly reassuring.

*Disclaimer: Remember that it was only my mom and me on the trip. I admit, I was having such a grand time that I neglected to properly document the trip. Also, it was kind of a chore to get someone to snap pictures of the 2 of us together. Below are the pictures that I did manage to capture... Enjoy!


^^ We made it! And actually we were still docked in Galveston, TX when I took this picture.
But it already felt like we had embarked on our fabulous vacation. :)


^^ Our tiny cabin! Soooo cozy. {I'm wondering as I write this what it would be like to share this 9 square feet of space with my tiny mother vs. what it would be like with a 6'9" giant of a man. I'm thinking I like sharing the room with the tiny mother! Ha!}

 

^^ First dinner! YUM! At this point, I knew it was going to be a long (and fattening) week!


 ^^ Our second day was an "on the sea" day. It rained in the morning but luckily cleared
up by the afternoon!


^^ Towel animal!!!!! We weren't quite sure what this one was? What's your best guess? 
I'm thinking a durilla (duck/gorilla)?


^^ First port: Progresso, Yucatan, Mexico. It was a neat place! It was more of a tourist/shopping day than a beach day. (That would come the next day at Cozumel!) Our tour guide was a nice guy named Carlos.


^^ A neat monument in Merida, Mexico (close to Progresso). I was in awe of that SKY! Wowzers. So bright blue.


^^ My mom and I were obsessed with these trees! They were so pretty and they were everywhere in Merida. Our tour guide said that they were related to mimosa trees, which we have here in Bolivar and they are also very pretty (only with pink blooms). So that made sense!


^^ Our tour guide took us to this huge church on the square in Merida. I am guessing it was Catholic? Little did we know when we barged in, that there was a service going on!! Whaaaat?! It was kind of awkward, but we just kept walking along, following our tour group. Can you imagine the next time you're sitting in church - tourists come waltzing through? Snapping pictures? Ha! They were probably telling us to "get out!" in spanish, I just couldn't understand them...


^^ Hammock maker & Hammock (if you couldn't tell).
My mom caved and bought one.


^^ No, that is not a picture of a postcard that I bought. Yes, that was our view on our own private beach in Cozumel! This is "Passion Island." However, the entire trip my mom kept calling it "Paradise Island," not knowing she was calling it by the wrong name. Then we arrived on the island and realized that she had actually only been prophesying of what was to come: an island that felt like absolute paradise. The clearest waters I've ever seen in person, the softest sand, a buffet full of mexican food, everything you would ever imagine being on "Passion Paradise Island." It was my favorite day of the trip!

Momma & Daughter! <3

^^ We got a picture together the night of the formal dinner. No, we did not plan to match in black... I guess we both decided a LBD was needed on formal night. Let me just take this moment to say: I have a gorgeous momma! :) And one that I was so blessed to get to spend an entire week with. Thanks for going with me mom and for still loving me after 7 days of being confined with only ME to hang out with, talk to, and share our vacation with. You're the best!

1 comment:

  1. The towel animal was a lobster!!!! ...okay, or duck....maybe platypus???

    ;)

    <3 Linds

    ReplyDelete