Monday, October 7, 2013

A family who runs together...

On Saturday morning, all of the DeClues {minus yours truly} took part in the Care to Learn 5K Panther Run in Springfield. Here's my justification for missing out, however utterly pathetic it may be: 

1. I really did plan to join them in the run. Beginning back in July, the whole family began training and taking part in the popular app, Couch to 5K. I only got 3 weeks in - about Couch to 1/2 Mile - before I left for vacation {the mother/daughter cruise - recap post found here} and found myself 7+ lbs heavier after returning from the binge fest trip. Needless to say, my heavier self didn't feel too motivated to start back where I had left off in the training app.

2. However, I didn't remain a total loser in the fitness department; I began working out around the time school started with a personal trainer {and am still currently working out with her} and I feel like I have gotten more in shape and physically fit. But for some unkown reason, I recently attempted to run again and I found myself still gasping for air at the conclusion of uno mile. Forget 3.1...

3. So, I wasn't going to run with them, but I was still going to go and cheer on my awesome and committed husband and family! Yay! Family day! And then I awoke to this...
^^ Ok, maybe the sky wasn't as intense as this exact picture, but I think I could have taken one pretty similar...

4. So, I supported them from the comfort of my cozy, dry bed. Here's a pic that Tori posted:
^^ Got to love the commitment of this crew!! Go DeClue Crew!


After a nice, relaxing and rainy morning at home I was excited to see my bestie, Jackie, who was in town for the weekend!!!! We were having so much fun reuniting for a day, that we forgot to take a picture!! Fail. Here's a pic of us from a while back:
^^ This is us at my bridal luncheon last summer. Love this girl to pieces.

No Springfield trip is complete without a run to Target. Or a picture in a turkey hat.
^^ I texted this hilarity to my parents... Because that's what every 23y/o does on a Saturday night... My father replied: "Oh man! You better gobble one of them up, Morg."

^^ Dinner date to Hinode. The best. And yes, that's my empty plate that you see. Whoops.

I loved getting to see Jackie this weekend! She lives in NW Arkansas, back around our old college stomping grounds. I am anxious to get a chance to make a weekend trip down to see her and be in NWA again! Love you, Jax! SO glad we got to hang out this weekend.


On Sunday, we got to hang out with more friends!!! Clint and Abby came over for some food and football and it was great getting to catch up with them.

The crazy/bizarre/coincidental/hilarious thing was that we were identically dressed. We were both feeling the lazy and comfy look, apparently. And red long-sleeved shirts with a pocket on the left side. And grey sweat pants. And matching husbands {minus Ty's ballcap} in grey shirts and jeans. Great minds, right?!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, some of us just aren't meant to be runners--AMIRITE?! Miss you and Jackie! I will be home almost a full week over Christmas so we HAVE to get together if you're in town!

    ReplyDelete