Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas in the DeCrib {2013}

I wanted to get a post together of some of the Christmas decor we have up this year. This is Christmas #2 for us, and I would say this year is definitely an improvement {in the decor area} from last year. Luckily, I managed to find a lot of good stuff after Christmas last year on sale. This year was like an early little mini-Christmas opening up all of the totes and remembering what I got! Cheers for bargain decorations.

Front Door
^ There's a tutorial here for the wreath. What started out as a Razorback Football Wreath, transformed into a Christmas one with a "Merry Christmas" sign!

Entryway
^ I made this little banner to hang our Christmas cards on. These are last year's cards that I still had on the banner. Time to take them off and get ready for this year's!

Living Room

^ We received this Willow Tree Nativity as a wedding gift! Such a great present, even though we got married in June. I know we will treasure this nativity scene every year in our home.

^ The awesome beam that Ty made and hung for us earlier this year! It's almost like a second mantle… I love getting to decorate it for the holidays as well as the rest of the room.




^ This picture frame is one of my favorite decorations I got last year! I love the music notes and the different Christmas patterns on it. {FYI - I got it at the Country Hearth in Bolivar.}

^ Our tree! I love ornaments that are neutral, rustic, and "woodsy" as my Grandma Stevens would call it. I am also a fan of the big-bulb lights instead of the mini ones. I know it doesn't add as much light to the tree, but I am pleased with the overall look!


Kitchen/Dining
^ I also scored some garland last year and decided to hang some in our dining room!

^ Sink Window & Bookshelves. The bookshelves don't currently have a ton of Christmas decorations. That's my goal for next year!

Ty's Office
Since our main Christmas tree is a tad on the girly side {pearls, lace, etc.}, I didn't want Ty to feel left out. Plus, I got this little tree last year from Hobby Lobby for like $15.00 so I decided to put it in his office this year with some slightly more masculine decorations...


^ Since this tree is small, I set it on this giant spool that I got at a flea market last year!



I hope you enjoyed our little home tour with all of our decorations.
Merry Christmas! :)

4 comments:

  1. You're house looks so seasonal and cute! I love the mantel decor...can't wait till I have a fireplace of my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kaitlin!! It's so fun to decorate. :) Now to only get that fireplace turned ON! We still need to hook it up to gas... I think it's definitely cold enough to justify it now!!

      Delete
  2. Your house is precious decorated for Christmas. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! That is so sweet. :) I enjoy decorating and this year was much better with all of the new decor!! Ha!

      Delete