Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Our New Wreath {Go Hogs!}

Since about March I have been greeted by this wreath on our front door. {You would think I wouldn't use the front door very often as we have a garage... But let me remind you of my husband's "hobby/somewhat profession": woodworking. Our garage is a sawdust factory and it is generally easier to avoid the sawdust/nails/wood/tools and just enter through the front. :) Rant over.}


I like this spring-y wreath, but it was just time for a change for Fall!

I had an idea in my head of what I wanted to do for a new wreath. I bought the ribbon and letters at Hobby Lobby last weekend when we were in Springfield. I then bought the wire wreath and burlap when I was at Walmart the next day and set out on my first wreath-making adventure!!


Supplies:

1. Wire Wreath
2. Cute ribbon
3. Lace (if desired)
4. Floral Wire
5. Lettering or other decorations

Not knowing if my first step - attaching the burlap - was even going to be a success or not, {I was basically experimenting at first!} I didn't take any pictures of that step. However, look below at the 4-panel picture of the chevron ribbon and you'll see how I bunched the burlap in little bundles and then attached with the floral wire!


It's really simple; make one complete bow and then make another bow so you have four loops. Last, twist the wire around the middle and use the extra wire to attach to the wire wreath form.


I then attached the letters and football using hot glue {my secret weapon! duh!} and THIS is how she turned out....

Better than I had even imagined!

Fast forward to Monday, after I had completed by Razorback Wreath on Sunday afternoon, and I was back in "hog mode." This time was for our first spirit day of the week at school - Mascot Monday! As a teacher, I have learned to appreciate any and all excuses to wear something comfortable. So spirit day apparel is a given! Plus, in addition to dressing down a bit, I got to rep my Hogs. I was definitely out-numbered by the many Mizzou fans {and even LSU fans - there was one girl in my first hour class with an LSU t-shirt - what the heck? In Buffalo?} that were showing their team pride as well.


Stay tuned for more spirit week pictures to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment