Sunday, September 22, 2013

District Honor Choir Auditions '13

{I apologize if some of you reading this aren't super thrilled to know what's going on in the Buffalo Choir world... It's really just a way for me to document and remember each major experience along the way!}

Yesterday was District Honor Choir audition day for my students at Kickapoo HS in Springfield. Any audition or contest-type of event like this stresses me out because I feel so helpless regarding the outcome and I know that there will be disappointment experienced by some of my students. I have to just remind myself that I have done my best to prepare them for their auditions and then leave the rest up to them to perform their best!

I cannot say this enough: I have an awesome group of kiddos. I love each and every one of them - all 49 members. For this day of auditions, I had 21 students audition for a spot in our district's honor choir.

^^ Kiddos who rode the bus.

^^ Stragglers who had to take the ACT and come down to meet us at Kickapoo later in the day. {Yes Gabe and Austin match... goofs.} These are three of my seniors who I do not want to think about graduating... maybe I can find a way to make them flunk this year. :)

This year's stats:

44 schools from our district were represented.
21 Buffalo students auditioned.
12 students made the honor choir!
1 student {Austin, pictured above} made top 25 of his section
& can audition in November for All-State!


Last year's stats:

{I can't remember how many auditioned exactly... not as many as this year.}
Only 4 students made the honor choir.

Synopsis: We've tripled our representation in the choir for this year!!
:)

After getting back to Buffalo and dropping the students off at the school, the fam came to meet me and go out to dinner! Our original plan was to head to Conway, MO to the Starvy Creek Bluegrass Festival but after some research, we discovered that was $20.00/person to attend and we would only be able to go for a couple of hours. So that plan got the ixnay.

So the Maple Street Grill it was!


^^ Strange. If you haven't seen the mustard face, look again.

^^ The more normal side of the table. Well, except for the guy in the middle.

It was a gorgeous Fall Saturday and a successful day of auditions for my students!




No comments:

Post a Comment