Friday, August 16, 2013

A Weekend in KC

Last weekend Ty and I headed up to Kansas City to stay with some of our friends, Michael and Candace Glass and their adorable little girl, Adah! We had hung out with them earlier in the summer at our church's youth weekend and they were so kind to invite us up for a fun last hoorah of summer.


{I stole these pictures from Candace's facebook... Adah had a babysitter for part of the time while we were there, and I didn't snap any pictures of her, unfortunately. But she is the cutest and most content little person! She is less than one and was in her room flipping through books for a while on Saturday morning. Ha! When we have a little one, we will send him or her to Michael and Candace to train!!}


When we were talking about making a trip earlier in the summer, I mentioned that I've been wanting to eat at OK Joe's in Kansas City. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about this restaurant so I was really, like really really, excited when I found out that it was on the weekend's agenda. {Like more excited than any normal person should be about food.}

We went on Friday night and the line wasn't too terrible. I think we waited 45-60 minutes.


Ty and Candace are clearly in a very deep discussion.
Most likely about what Ty will choose to order.
The food did not disappoint, that is for sure! It was well worth the long wait. {For those that may not know, the original OK Joe's is here in this gas station and is quite small but very popular.} Can't wait to go back again sometime!


Someone else liked it too!

After dinner, we headed to a rodeo/bull blast. Now, if you know me, you may not expect this to be the first place that I would be on a Friday night. However, it really was a blast. {Get it?} Michael's brother, Matt was actually competing in the bull riding and we met up with the rest of the Glass family to cheer Matt on! It was a really fun night.



The Boys
Ty, Derek, Michael and JT
Derek's friend JT's wife, Sarah, was there and was so sweet. She is
also a teacher and was starting back to school the next week, like me!

After the bull blast, we rode a ride at the fair. The "Triangle Dangle...." haha. I don't know that I've ever ridden a carny ride with Ty but I don't think I will again anytime soon. He was screaming the entire time, "We're gonna fly off! We're gonna fly off!" Not. Cool. It's already a sketchy enough operation as it is!!


On Saturday, we saw a movie and went to dinner at another amazing restaurant, my favorite, Bonefish Grill. My waistline suffered greatly on this trip; I had to come home and only eat ice cubes and celery for a week to recover....

We loved getting to spend some time with the Glass fam! I know there will be many more trips in store.

We had such a great time! Love you guys!
{One of these is not like the others,
one of these just doesn't belong.......}

No comments:

Post a Comment