Saturday, August 31, 2013

So Far on My Saturday...

Holy Toledo, I never thought it would happen: I have made it to Saturday! This was a very good, but long and tiring week. Our church has been in revival since Monday night, the "newness" has worn off at school and reality has set in. But PTL for long weekends and for a chance to relax {and clean the heck outta this messy house! Just ewww.}

There are many wonderful things about this day:
  1. It is the last "official" weekend of Summer. And that is fiiiiiiiiiiine by me. Bring. on. FALL.
  2. I slept until 9:30 a.m. Enough said.
  3. Today is the first College Gameday! I'm not a huge sports fanatic, but I love football because it means fall has arrived {or will be arriving soon!}. Just turning it on this morning made me excited. Football/Chili/Pumpkins/Apple Pie/Changing Leaves/Halloween/Sweaters/Boots... None of these things are life-changing on their own, but combine them and you get this fall-loving-girl excited!
  4. I am catching up on my SYTYCD today since next week is the finale! {That is "So You Think You Can Dance" for all you non-watchers.} I really don't know why I enjoy this show so much; it is really the only show that I consistently watch each week. It's probably because there is no way that I could ever begin to contort my body to do some of the things that these dancers do! They are amazing to watch.
  5. Random, but I weighed this morning and mysteriously lost two pounds since yesterday morning. I have been working out with a personal trainer in Bolivar for four. weeks. FOUR! And I have only lost about 3 or 4 pounds during in that time. {I know, muscle weighs more than fat.... blah, blah.} The ironic thing about this is that my last day with her for this cycle was Wednesday and then I lost a couple more pounds... My body is bizarre sometimes. But it was a pleasant surprise.
  6. Don't judge, but I enjoy being uber domestic sometimes {I suppose I get this from my momma - the woman never let me help her clean a day in my life because she enjoyed doing it. Which was fine.}. I am laundering/vacuuming/scrubbing/cleansing everything in this grossy-gross house and it makes me feel happy once it is finished. :) I have really neglected this place as I have been so busy with everything else going on, so it feels good to tackle each project... I think I'll enjoy having clean clothes to wear to school next week.
  7. I was craving something of the breakfast bread/pastry/extreme-carbohydrate-sort this morning but I haven't been to the store in forever {and I typically don't stock up on such items when I go anyway} and lo and behold, faaaaar back in the depths of the pantry, I found some blueberry muffin mix that my genius self had purchased at the Mennonite store this summer! Pajama-clad, makeup-less and rocking my three-day-old hair, I whipped up those bad boys and treated myself to a few of them while watching SYTYCD.

8. After thinking about the calorie count contained in #7, scratch what I said in #5.

Have an awesome and wonderful Labor Day Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment