Friday, August 30, 2013

Back to School, Back to School

So.... It's been a while since I last posted. A little thing called S-C-H-O-O-L has taken over my life!!! It is crazy thinking back to a year ago at this time; I was a fresh college-grad who was eager {yet scared to death!} to get my "teach" on. I went in not knowing a single student, only knowing a couple fellow teachers at my school, and wondering what life as a Bison would be like. Little did I know how wonderful the 2012-13 school year would be!Second year teaching has been so much different. For one, I already knew the majority of the students that I would have in my classes this year. Also, I have become acquainted and close with many of my fellow teachers it was great to see them again after summer! I love life as a Bison and I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed me to be in a place that I love. I'm looking forward to another great year!

A few highlights of this year so far:
  • Mixed Chorus has grown! My top choir has increased by about 10 members; 43 last year to 52 this year. And the men's sections have almost doubled! {11 last year to 20 this year.}
  • The freshmen in choir this year are a great group - there are many talented and passionate kiddos in that class that I have in choir and I am excited to work with them!
  • I absolutely love adore my seniors in choir. This is a good thing, but also a sad thing as I know this is my last year teaching them!!! :(
  • I love getting to see students that I had last year in class in the hallways/at lunch/etc. and saying hello or catching up with them.

Stay tuned for updates throughout the year! I'm hoping to get some video of my choir to share after our concerts. :D
{P.S. Like my new signature?!?!?!?!}

No comments:

Post a Comment