Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Golf Ball & Charity Auction

Every year in August the Price Cutter Charity Championship golf tournament happens in Springfield. I always love going to some of the fun events that take place throughout the tournament and it always makes me realize that summer is almost over.

My dad and his crew are in charge of set-up/tear-down of the tournament equipment. My brother, Haden, and Ty always jump into the mix and help. You would think they get to meet Tiger Woods every year, as excited as they get about it all {btw... they have never met Tiger Woods - he's not there}.

This year was difficult due to the weather. It was so rainy that the tournament had to be re-scheduled a lot and I'm sure it created a mess for all those in charge! {I must add this little side note about the weather since I really should work at The Weather Channel, I get so obsessed with weather: I. am. loving. this. crazy awesome August weather. Good riddance to hot, miserable, melting summer days and *HellOhhhhh* fall.}

One of the nights of the tournament is a dinner and charity auction. It is super fun to attend every year with all of the big wigs of Springfield & the surrounding area. This year they had a petite baby grand for sale... I wanted to take her home with me!!!!



My Bro and his GF, Mariah
Mariah said she looked like a vampire in this picture. Ha! I think she was talking about the red-eye... Although, some people have told her that she slightly resembles Bella from Twilight. I think she is much prettier than Kristen Stewart, however! :)

Me, Joy & Jera
We were all wearing black coincidentally, so I self-proclaimed us "Charlie's Angels" for the evening... We look JUST like them, don't we?!


We do have the hair colors going for us, I guess...
{Btw, could they BE any more airbrushed?!}
Jerald {Joy & Jera's dad - above} presenting the Nakato's Chef - one of the other
auction items was a dinner at your home from Nakato's Japanese Steakhouse.
YUMMMM.

After getting home from the auction, we went out to my parents' house to see the new fire-pit that they had built. It looked really nice! I am excited to get to use it a lot this fall. Like I said earlier, "*HellOhhhhh* fall."

Barclay & the parentals

S'mores anyone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment