Friday, August 2, 2013

M's Five Year Reunion & T's Show-Me Games

Last weekend was a busy one for the DeClues. I celebrated my five year reunion with several of my classmates in Springfield while Ty was in Columbia winning 2nd place at the Show-Me Basketball Tournament!

On Saturday evening, I headed down to Springfield with my good friend Lindsay for our class's five year reunion. I also got to meet her fabulous new boyfriend, Joe! They had driven down from Iowa for the reunion and it was great to get to meet her new bf. He is SO nice and I think if I imagined someone perfect for Lindsay, it would be him! No pressure, Linds. I'm just letting you know that I am a fan. ;)

Since I am our class's president, I was responsible for getting everything and everyone together. {I'd like to take a moment to thank Mark Zuckerburg... If it weren't for Facebook, it would have been so annoying to track everyone's addresses/phone numbers down and get in contact with them. Seriously: How did they used to do it?!}

It was such a busy night getting everything ready, I didn't take a single picture. Major fail!! However, Lindsay snapped this one of us so I stole it from her!

Fab Four -1. We missed you, Jax!

{Please excuse the weird coloring of this picture. But I wanted
to show this picture that I took & sent to Jackie to get
confirmation on my outfit. I looooove these cute shoes!!}

A few hours away, Ty was busy playing with these guys in the Show-Me Basketball Tourny in Columbia at Mizzou. They won every game except for the championship game. What a feat! I was cracking up at Ty's texts throughout the weekend. They said things like, "Just played a team of former Mizzou players. Dominated." Then the next day, "FYI - I probably won't be able to walk or function for a few days." And finally, "We lost the championship. We just ran outta gas. We are older than most of the other teams."

I really wish that I could have been up there with them to watch them play! Here's a picture that someone took after the championship game. I'm a proud wife of that 6' 9" sweaty mess in the back!!!!


Even though it was a pretty busy weekend, I am glad that Ty's team did so well and that our reunion turned out to be a lot of fun!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your shoes! Good thing Tyler is 6'9" or else you would look like a giant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True dat! And I actually DID feel like a giant because Ty couldn't come to the reunion! Booooooo.

    ReplyDelete