Friday, August 9, 2013

Foodie Friday: "Fall-Inspired Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!"

In college, my roommate made the absolute BEST banana bread that I have ever consumed. She is a super crafty/cookin'/domestic kind of girl and I was super excited when she gave me this recipe to try! {Thanks, Abs!!!} She is now a successful wedding planner in Springfield and you can check her out at www.abbymitchellevents.com.

This bread recipe has a very distinct taste due to the ground cloves + nutmeg and tastes somewhat "Fall-ish" to me. However, I do make it all year round; it's just that good. I also add chocolate chips which makes it rich and dessert-y!! {Ty also really loves this baked treat and I think he purposefully let's his bananas go bad so I will make it for him!}

Here is what you'll need:

3 old Bananas
1 Egg
1/3 cup of Butter
1 cup of Sugar
1 1/2 cups of Flour
1 t of Baking Soda
1 t of vanilla
Pinch of Salt
3/4 t of Cinnamon
3/4 t of Ground Cloves
3/4 t of Nutmeg
*These three spices are the key to this bread! Sooooo good.
1/2 pkg of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips {or more/less to your preference}

Ingredients you will need! {Plus chocolate chips.}

1. Mix wet ingredients. {Everything but the flour and spices.}



2. Add flour and the three spices!

Cinnamon + Ground Cloves + Nutmeg = Deliciousness


3. Last of all, add your chocolate chips {about half a bag or so}.


4. For this bread, I choose to use a bunt pan. I like the way that it cuts into slices and it is pretty to look at!! You can also choose to make muffins, or bake in the regular loaf pans. {See alternate baking times below.}


5. Spread evenly into pan and bake for about 45 minutes. If you like it a little mushy, I would go 35-40 minutes at the most.

For Muffins: I would try 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of your muffin pan and do the ole' toothpick trick.

For loaf pans: Start with 30 minutes and then check! {I've never made them this way, so I can't say for sure.}



6. And here is my finished product fresh out of the oven! Taa daaaaa!



This banana bread recipe is very different from other banana bread recipes that I had tasted in the past. Whip up this bad boy on a Saturday morning {or Friday night so you can sleep in on Saturday!}, brew a fresh cup of coffee, and make your family happy with chocolate-y, banana-y, yummy goodness. It won't disapoint!


2 comments:

  1. Best recipe ever! Thanks for sharing it with me a while ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem!! I am glad you liked it! I think you were actually the one who gave me the idea for the muffins! So thank YOU! ;)

    ReplyDelete