Monday, June 24, 2013

A Sunday Afternoon Garden Tour

On Sunday afternoon, we went to Tim and Gina's (the Senior DeClues!) for lunch and a tour of their awesome garden! Gina's meals are the BEST and I love getting a text during church with the full menu and an invitation to come out and eat!

Here is Tim and Gina's garden. Isn't it insanely big?! I can't wait for all of the fresh fruit and veggies to start ripening so we can chow down. If you know me, you know that summer is not my favorite season, mostly because of the intense heat and humidity. I'd rather have a nice Fall or Spring day!! But gardens with fresh fruits and vegetables and suntans and swimming make the hot summer days a little more bearable. I am so glad that Tim has such a green thumb, (sorry, Ty, for the cliché thumb remark), so I don't have to attempt to have a garden of my own! And, more importantly than being able to grow a garden this awesome, unlike the Little Red Hen, they are willing to put in the work and then share their harvest with loved ones. :)


Baby Grapes!
Myyyy favorite. Home grown tomatuhs.

Grandpa & Grandma Hency, if you're reading this... We saw the pictures of your garden and some of your giant cucumbers! It looks like yours a little ahead of the DeClue garden. :) We'll come over and do a taste-test this summer of everything out of each of your gardens and see who is the winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment