Sunday, June 23, 2013

Haden's 18th & the 2013 Parade of Homes

On Saturday, June 22, my baby brother turned 18! (Luckily, I don't think he reads our blog, so I can talk about him just for a minute...) Haden has grown up into such a funny, caring, and fun to be around guy! In my first month of dating Ty, I vividly remember Haden pulling me aside at home one day and saying, "Mo! Don't. Mess. This. Up!!" He loved Ty so much from the get-go and I love watching their relationship continue to grow; they are truly now the brothers that neither one of them ever had growing up! I love this little guy (by that I mean 6' 2" and 120 lbs) so much; I have obviously done a very fabulous job as an older sister, training him correctly!

Here are a few pictures of Haden and me through the years:

I want to say that this is Easter of 1996?
(I am glad he stopped drooling on his dress shirts!)
Probably around 1999/2000
(Pardon the scary faces)
He is such a LITTLE boy!!!
Haden & Mariah at her Senior Prom and Me & Ty

On Saturday, Haden got to pick what we did and where we went to eat. Lucky for us, he chose to go on the annual summer Parade of Homes in Springfield! Every summer, we make the trip in and around Springfield, touring newly built homes. I love doing this each year; it is always fun to see what people are designing and building and begin to dream about what our dream home might look like some day! Ty is a such a great designer and has an awesome eye for picking out/designing what looks cool. I totally trust him to design our dream home someday!

Here are some shots from the trip on Saturday:

PHOTOBOMBED!
This house was a mere $900,00+ house with 7,000 square feet. It was just ok...... ;)
Put your shoe covers on!
These pictures don't do it justice, but this was the master bedroom closet. 
HUGE. With a CHANDELIER and washer/dryer!
**Dream Closet**

So jealous of that piano & huge foyer! I want a baby grand some day!
Just gorgeous!
After walking through a 7,000 sq foot house, you need to stop and rest! Yes, this was the back patio of the $900,000 home, and yes, that is my family chillin' on it like it is their own...
The Birthday Boy & His GF at dinner - Love them!
Then I looked over and saw this moment waiting to be captured. No words.

It was such a fun Saturday! I can't wait until next summer when we get to do the homes tour again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment