Friday, June 14, 2013

One Year Down: A Look Back

June 9th, 2013 was our one year anniversary! So much has happened this year; it is not only hard to believe that it has been a full year since we got married, it is equally as hard to believe that so much has occurred since June 9th of last year that we have managed to survive!!

In the last year, I completed my first year of teaching - and I had an AWESOME one, at that. My students were the absolute best and made my first year a very memorable and enjoyable one! I know that first years do not always go that well for teachers, so I am humbled and grateful that the Lord allowed me such a special place to be and to be surrounded by such incredible students. Here are some of my students on *Rock Star* spirit day last fall:

(Note: They do not always dress like this. I, however, being the cool music teacher that I am, do.)


Ty continued to work at the O'Reilly corporate offices until the end of May this year. He is now self-employed (more to come on the blog about that later - check out Ty's Workshop in the tabs above) and getting his masters at SBU in Education. He is now the owner (and CEO as he likes to point out) of two small businesses/LLCs in Missouri: Revival Iron & Wood (woodworking/furniture making business) and Brush Arbor Studio (design and drafting business). He also works some for my dad and is continuing to contract work for O'Reilly as well as for the marketing department CMH, the hospital located here in Bolivar. Needless to say he has a full plate, but a plate that he is very grateful to have been given to him. I can already tell that he is relieved and excited to be back in Bolivar and around the hometown culture that he loves so much!

Along with working, we have also stayed busy with family (both of our parents and most of our siblings live in Bolivar), with church friends and family, teaching Sunday School, and trying to update and decorate our house! Our home is really coming along. I have always loved decorating and now that we own a home, I love it even more! It's so fun to create inviting and pretty spaces. :) The tab "Our Home" will include pictures and updates from our house as we continue to make changes and improvements!

No comments:

Post a Comment