Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fathers Day 2013

Each year, my dad will remind me weeks before Fathers Day that the holiday is fast approaching. Last week, I was unable to go with them, but my brother was relaying to me stories of my dad walking around Bass Pro Shops and pointing out numerous items that he wanted to add to his Father's Day "wishlist." Never ceasing to amaze us (not always in a good way), my dad is one of the funniest and most genuine people I have ever known. He has so many incredible qualities, it would take me an entire blog to recount them all. However, at times, it does scare me a bit when I do things that remind me of exactly something that he would do.

Here's a quick recap of my dad and me over the last 23 years:

I'm not sure what this expression means, Dad?!
Mullet Town Baby!
Can you say "awkward phase?"

One of the most special times with my dad to date.

I love you, dad!


Also... I am so blessed to have an amazing father-in-law. Tim is one of the most endearing and consistently cheerful people that I know! He is always the same no matter what! As I said earlier, I sometimes worry when I see myself acting like my own father, however, when I notice Ty doing some things like his dad does, it makes me so happy and comforted because I know that he is growing into a Godly and loving man, just like his father!

We are both so very blessed to have had these two wonderful men raise us! 
A very Happy Fathers Day to you both!

The Fathers of the Groom and the Bride


No comments:

Post a Comment